Preventative Dentistry Services
Healthy teeth don't last a lifetime. Decay, neglect, and other influences take a toll on healthy tooth structure over time. That's why the best treatment is prevention. With regular dental check-ups, dental exams, dental cleanings, and dental treatments, Dr. Box can help you prolong the life of your teeth and keep your smile looking great.
Dental Exams, Cleanings, and Periodontal Treatments
- Comprehensive Exams
- Our initial examination includes a thorough visual and palpation exam of the hard and soft tissues of the oral structures to check for decay, gum disease, problem restorations, and screen for oral cancer.
- We have the latest digital x-ray technology for intra-oral and extra-oral (panorama) imaging and will take the necessary images to provide a complete understanding of the health of the mouth.
- It is necessary to construct models of the teeth to properly diagnose the function and relationships of the teeth when determining the health of joints, to evaluate and plan for crowns or replacement of missing teeth, to do a smile analysis for cosmetic services, and to evaluate signs of early wear of the teeth.
- We strive to gain an understanding of our patients' desires and expectations so that we a certain our resulting treatment plans coincide with what the patient wants and needs.
- Prevention & Cleanings
- The foundation for success in having a healthy mouth is good hygiene maintenance both at home and at the dental office. Most adult patients should be seen at least every six months and a few even more often to maintain optimum periodontal ( gum and bone) health and to allow early intervention if problems occur.
- Periodontal Treatments
- When there is moderate periodontal disease that can be treated non-surgically with root planing and scaling procedures, we do these for our patients. More advanced surgical procedures which may require alteration of the soft or hard tissue contours or grafting, are typically referred to a Periodontist who specializes in these procedures.
Contact the dental clinic of Dr. Terry Box today to make an appoitnment. New patients are always welcome!